Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Intermittent Fasting - Day 1 Results

Yesterday (Sunday) I did not do as well as I should have.  It all started with Famous Daves Restaurant, and ended with chips and root beer.  

In addition, I believe I am starting my "shark week" a week early.  Not sure yet, but it is possible.  

So with those two things batting against me, I thought this would be a perfect week to attempt a 7 day experiment on Intermittent Fasting (IF). 


I know IF is not for everybody, so what works for someone else may not work for me.  There is only one way to find out.

What will I be doing?


I will be fasting for ~18 hours every day, starting at about 6pm and ending the following day at 12pm noon.  I will only eat in a 6 hour window from 12pm noon through 6pm.  The times will fluctuate with my schedule, because sometimes dinner takes longer than planned ;)


I will weigh in every single morning and report it on that day's results (not the next morning).  So.... bare with me, as my posts will be a day behind.  But you can see why and excuse my tardiness, right?  I hope so ;)


The idea with IF, is that the body needs time to re-adjust the hormones, clear the colon, keep insulin levels in check, etc.  Its a natural reset that happens every day.  


I found a great site for an understanding of what I am doing, and why: 

 A Beginner's Guide to Intermittent Fasting

I will be reporting what I ate and when, as well as how I felt throughout the day.  

My hypothesis (this is an experiment after all), is that I will adjust very quickly, with only a day or two to adjust to not having breakfast.  I will then have to focus on slowly eating so that I don't overeat and that my food gets chewed properly, since I will be hungrier than normal.  I also feel that I will lose a higher amount of fat this week, than I have in the past few weeks, especially compared to the "week before my periods" of the past.  

So here it goes.... 


**************************

8:00am:     Woke up

9:00am - 11:00am:  2 American size cups of Fatty Coffee (coffee, coconut oil & grass fed butter)

12:15pm:     I started to get hungry enough to make lunch.  


12:30pm:     Ate a salad with the following:   Romaine lettuce, broccoli sprouts, crispy bacon, blue cheese crumbles, blue cheese dressing, salt and pepper.  






I love eating my salads on a plate vs. a bowl.  There is something more appealing about the way it looks on a plate.  

2:00pm:     Ate 2 Chocolate/Coconut Fat Bombs

5:30pm:     Ate Corned beef, cabbage, a little slice of parsnips, and 2 little slices of carrots.  I feel EXTREMELY full.   Completely forgot my photo.  Sorry, I was a little hungry, but not hungry to forget the photo.  

7:50pm:   VERY hungry.  

10:00pm:  Attempted to go to sleep.  I had a hard time, felt very alert and awake.  I have read this could be a side effect to IF for some people, but this is also how I feel when I start my menstruation, so its hard to tell right now.  

11:45pm:  Finally fell asleep.  I fell asleep a few times from 10pm to 11:45, but the puppy kept waking me up.  

************************

My Mood:   

I was not so hungry I could eat my own arm, which is what I thought would happen.  Today was rather easy to get through.  Although, I do not recommend watching the Food Network on the first few days of trying this experiment.  

************************

RESULTS:  (Weighed in Tuesday, March 04, 2014 @ 6:55 am)  

GAINED 1.4 Pounds

(Keep in mind, I feel that I am starting my menstruation 1 week early, which is VERY unusual)

No comments:

Post a Comment